POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jan 2008 05:49:23
Message: <4784a6b3$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> I actually like all of his movies, though The Village and Lady in the
> Water aren't his best.  Personally, Unbreakable and Signs are my favorites.

Interesting. Of all his movies, I think The Village and Lady In The
Water are my favourites! Although I think Unbreakable is excellent too.

I think his movies are often maligned somewhat unfairly, either by
people who spend half the film looking for the twist and then saying it
was crap because they spotted it (boasting), or people who spend half
the film looking for the twist and then saying they didn't spot it
because it was a crap twist (defensive). Both categories entirely fail
to get anything from the movie as a result. Poor fools. This is one
reason I like Lady In The Water particularly, because it's entirely
without a twist.

I never spot twists in films anyway; I long ago learnt to concentrate on
the 'now' in a film and immerse myself without trying to think ahead.
This way, I get maximum enjoyment from it (twists are supposed to be
unexpected, after all).