POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ink blot test : Re: Ink blot test Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ink blot test
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 04:42:01
Message: <478496e9$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   IMO you should have worked more on the palettes,

This is the part I absolutely suck at. (You'll notice of course that
every single image present uses one of FractInt's built-in colour presets.)

FractInt's primitive colour editing interface doesn't help much, but
basically apart from using primary and secondary colours, I can never
think of good colour combinations. (And, obviously, there are 3 primary
and 3 secondary colours. Not too many possible combinations with only 6
starting points...)

> and perhaps also the locations of the zooms.

Hmm... Well since a finished fractal image = position + colour, you're
basically saying the entire thing sucks. ;-)

> Something more like:
> http://warp.povusers.org/snaps/fract/

See, now, I actually prefer my colour choices. (Yours all seem to
alternate between black and a randomly-chosen colour. Looks suspiciously
like one of the colouring algorithms from Xaos, actually.) I guess it's
a matter of personal taste.

You seem to have done a better job of centering the images though. And
some of the regions you found are quite unusual and interesting...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/