POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electric sheep : Re: Electric sheep Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electric sheep
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2008 04:25:45
Message: <47849319$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Hmm. I seem to be getting between 3 and 20 KB/sec. It managed to
> download 6 sheep in fairly short order, but I'm getting really bored of
> watching the same 6 animations endlessly repeating now. A few sheep seem
> to be quite excellent, and the majority are unspeakably lame. (This is
> based on a sample of 6 though, so perhaps unrepresentative?)

Well, last night it finally downloaded a 7th sheep.

This morning I turned it on and did see it peak at 95 KB/sec. So
apparently my Internet link is much faster than the 20 KB/sec typical
download rate I've been seeing. (I have no idea what 2 kilobits per
second of theoretical bandwidth equates to in kilobytes per second of
*useful* data. In particular, I don't know what percentage TCP adds...)

I left the screen saver running this morning before I left for work.
Hopefully by the time I get home tonight it will have downloaded at
least 1 additional sheep.

PS. Do you think changing my firewall to allow incomming connections
will make any positive difference?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/