POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 9 Jan 2008 01:02:51
Message: <4784638b$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>> "Invisible" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>
>>> #2 2001 Space Oddessy.
>>
>> http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/01/08/funny-pictures-is-fulla-starz/
>
> I don't get the appeal most of these pictures.  I mean, the pictures are
> cute, and I understand what they're "trying" to say, but I feel like my
> IQ drops about 10 points every time I look at comedy that tries to be as
> uneducated as possible.

The problem is if you visit internet sites where this meme is
propagated. After accidentally stumbling into a thread and seeing 5 or 6
of these pictures at once, your IQ has suffered such a distorting blow
that, after that point in time, you now find the pictures to be funny.

> Tom Lehrer, in one of his songs, mentions the unfortunate fact that many
> people equate illiteracy with charm.  To me, this is one of the most
> disturbing facts about our culture today.

You think cats would be literate? In English, mind you, not in their own
language.