POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 05:08:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jan 2008 21:09:42
Message: <47842ce6$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:10:01 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> Case in point: The Sixth Sense.  The ending was "spoiled" for me before
> I ever saw it.  Even so, I found it to be an excellent movie, and was
> still able to appreciate it.

Agreed; I didn't know the twist at the end before seeing it, but I have
been increasingly disappointed in Shamalan's movies since then.  Sixth
Sense was IMO the best of them.

I've seen all of them except for Lady in the Water, and a few of them
more than once.  Unbreakable wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly good
either.  It's one you watch because it's got Bruce Willis and Samuel L.
Jackson in it (and more for the latter than the former IMO).

Signs was just a confusing mess IMO.  I followed the story OK, but by the
time that one came out, you came to expect that there would be a twist,
so the thing that made that one interesting was trying to figure out what
the twist would be.

Jim