POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? : Re: Sphere with longitudes and latitudes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere with longitudes and latitudes?
From: Chris B
Date: 8 Jan 2008 17:54:03
Message: <4783ff0b$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4783e426a8d0eaae458a4ca0@news.povray.org...
> "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
>> That's the problem that the one on
>> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index.php is designed to avoid
>> (search for 'GridLines').
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris B.
>
> Here's a challenge: someone adapt the above code to create gridlines such
> as the
> ones found in this imag
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HSLSphere.svg).

I'm not really sure what you're requesting.

The SDL above already generates grid lines similar to the grid lines in the
image you've linked to.

Do you just want the colour or spacing to be different or is it that you
want a colour chart rather than the grid lines themselves, or is it the
inset quadrant in each of the two spheres that you're trying to achieve?

Also, is this just a challenge as some sort of exercise that you're setting,
or do you have some practical use for whatever it is you're asking for?

Regards,
Chris B.