POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Bruteforcerendering with povray : Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray Server Time
19 May 2024 22:58:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 15:58:31
Message: <4783e3f6@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 8bit, charset: iso-8859-1, 10 lines --]

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   I would not want to wait 11 hours for a single sphere to render.

> of course you know that is not true, it was intentional exaggeration.  Even
> luxrender, the open-source unbiased renderer, at early stages, is capable of
> rendering moderately complex scenes in about a few hours with nowadays
> hardware.  A bit noisy output, but bearable...

  But, you see, I want my simple scenes to render in a few minutes, not
in a few hours. There are scenes where I don't *need* that kind of accuracy
or photorealism, but a simple phong lighting model suffices more than enough,
and I want to render it fast and clean.

  For example, if I want to render some "3D-looking" buttons for a graphical
interface, I don't want to spend hours waiting for them to look good. I want
them to render in a few seconds, and POV-Ray can do exactly that.

  I'm also happy that I can render images like these if I need to:

http://warp.povusers.org/pics/RubiksRevenge2.jpg
http://warp.povusers.org/pics/screws.jpg

--
                                                          - Warp