POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne : Re: Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jeff Wayne
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 15:51:23
Message: <4783e24a@news.povray.org>
> From an entertainment perspective, they are rather
> dissapointing - especially when compared to the originals.

  Even though I'm of the right age, I still managed to mostly miss all the
Star Wars phenomenon. Thus I didn't have too many expectations about the
newer movies, and IMO they were quite enjoyable.

  To tell you the truth, I don't really like the original trilogy
(currently known as episodes 4-6), especially not the first movie.
It has some interesting ideas, but it's not profound enough to raise
enough interest in my opinion. Technically it sucks. It sucks even
compared to other, better movies of the era (Alien being a prime example).

  It's not that I dislike all movies of the late 70's, early 80's because
they aren't technically comparable to current movies. There are, in fact,
many movies of that era which I think are true masterpieces, and others
which are simply good. Alien I already mentioned. Other examples include
The Thing, An American Werewolf in London, The Exorcist, and perhaps the
best of them all, The Shining.

  The Star Wars movies, especially the first one... I just don't like it.

--
                                                          - Warp