POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jeff Wayne : Re: Jeff Wayne Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jeff Wayne
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 8 Jan 2008 15:08:39
Message: <4783d847$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> And then Lucas decided to make three brand new films. And they all
>> sucked.
>
>   "They failed to meet fan expectations" is not the same thing as
> "they sucked".
>
>   Compared to many other movies, even ones made using similar budgets,
> they are masterpieces.

OK, I rephrase: From a technical perspective, they are *very*
impressive. From an entertainment perspective, they are rather
dissapointing - especially when compared to the originals. (I can
however think of plenty of other films that are far worse on this score
though...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/