POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 09:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 13:11:39
Message: <4783bcda@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> [Altough there seems to be almost universal agreement that Star Wars III
> sucks beyond belief...]

  The problem with SW3 (and the previous two) is not that it was bad (it
was quite good from all points of view, IMO), but that it failed to meet
fan expectations. If there weren't any expectations about it at all it
would have probably been considered an above average movie, perhaps even
a good movie, but big expectations and not meeting them ruined it.

  IMO Lucas made a mistake with the way he did the trilogy. Basically he
didn't listen to what the fans wanted, but made what he wanted. While the
result was IMO quite good, fans didn't like it.

  If I were Lucas I would redeem myself by making one movie more: A movie
for the fans. A movie about Darth Vader (which happens between episodes
three and four), a movie which is the epitome of all that is cool about
Darth Vader.

  But I've got the feeling that Lucas is too proud to do that, unfortunately.

--
                                                          - Warp