POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Bruteforcerendering with povray : Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray Server Time
9 May 2024 03:49:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bruteforcerendering with povray
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 06:59:01
Message: <47836585@news.povray.org>
H. Karsten <h-karsten()web.de> wrote:
> Take a closer look to these renderers. The are _only_ renderers - not a
> 3D-programming-environment like PovRay! The syntax often sucks, the options are
> weak. No way to make CSG-objects or iso-surfaces...

  Note that those renderers usually use highly-optimized triangle meshes
(in some cases perhaps NUBRSes, which are easily tesselable), and they
*still* manage to spend 11 hours for even the simplest images. Meshes are
very fast to trace. I can only imagine how long it would take if you put
some isosurfaces there...

--
                                                          - Warp