POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : LOL^2 : Re: LOL^2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOL^2
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jan 2008 02:02:47
Message: <47832016@news.povray.org>
> Plus, the directory gets mounted when
> you log in and dismounted when you log out

  I think at least some unix networked file systems support something
similar to this. Typically if you list the contents of /home you will only
see your own home directory and nobody else's. If you explicitly 'cd' to
someone else's home directory (if it's allowed) it will appear under /home.

> And, for example, Windows allows
> some home directories to be mounted locally, others to be mounted
> remotely on a variety of file servers, and there has to be some
> mechanism to tell the "client" machine which is where.

  I don't know enough about file systems to be sure, but I would be
surprised if this wasn't supported by any unix networked file system.

--
                                                          - Warp