POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quite silly : Re: Quite silly Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quite silly
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jan 2008 06:01:58
Message: <478206a6$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias wrote:

> Nah, I like that as well. A ridiculously long password is fun,
> especially for those cases where it might happen that someone is just
> kinda watching you. If you just type "game" as a password for a game,
> they're bound to remember. If you type something incredibly long with
> 1334-speak, they'll look at you dumbfounded and think you're a geek.

Try using the first 40 digits of Pi as your password.

Most people will think you're a genius, typing out this huge long list
of digits at lightning speed. No one would ever be able to remember it,
even if they could follow the blur of your fingers!

And a small number of people who actually know anything about security
will realise that Pi is an obvious and stupid choice, making it trivial
for anybody who can use Google to figure out your password. (They only
have to try all prefix lengths - a very easy task.)

Indeed, there are only 10 digits, but 26 letters, making letters a much
better choice. [Assuming you use *random* letters - which almost nobody
does.]

> Which I am. :-)

Right... 0;-)

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993 (approx)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/