POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 05:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Chambers
Date: 6 Jan 2008 18:10:12
Message: <47815fd4$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
>> But still, if you're lucky enough to see two or three trailers for a
>> movie
>
> ... you have already seen the movie, so there's really no need to watch
> it again. That's my opinion.
>
>   There aren't many things I detest more about movies than trailers.
> They spoil way too much.
>
>   Just today there was a good example. I went to see a movie in the theater,
> and before it they showed the trailer for the new National Treasure movie,
> and it spoiled an incredible amount of the contents of the movie. And mind
> you, I wasn't *watching* anything of it.

A good movie is worth watching even if you know what's going to happen.
  Or why else do people still go to see Shakespeare's plays?

"Romeo and Juliet?  Why would I want to see that when I already know
they both die at the end?"

Case in point: The Sixth Sense.  The ending was "spoiled" for me before
I ever saw it.  Even so, I found it to be an excellent movie, and was
still able to appreciate it.

Personally, I think that if a movie is only enjoyable the first time you
watch it, then you shouldn't watch it at all.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com