POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Rune
Date: 6 Jan 2008 13:37:20
Message: <47811fe0@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> I've seen quite a few, but I try to stay away from the bad ones.
>
>  That's called "prejudice".

Nice illustration that prejudice can be a useful thing.

You could go selecting movies to see completely at random and only rarely
see one that you actually like, or you can use your best judgment to sort
away the ones you think you won't enjoy.

Is judging a movie you haven't seen a random shot in the dark? Of course
not. I think most people have seen movies they didn't want to see very much
because it was together with someone else who wanted to see it. In those
situation you most often find that you were right about your initial
prejudice and only very rarely is a movie you didn't think was good actually
a positive surprise. At least in my experience.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com