POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Mesh2 option for isosurface : Re: Mesh2 option for isosurface Server Time
9 May 2024 01:56:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 option for isosurface
From: Chambers
Date: 5 Jan 2008 21:47:43
Message: <4780414f@news.povray.org>
Woody wrote:
> Granted a mesh2 version would be useful as a fast clean version. Another option
> (in addition to, not in place of) would be to output to a purely binary file.
>
> A binary file would speed up creating of the file, and reading in at render time
> when adding to scenes (faster than mesh2). See chambers mesage at
> (http://news.povray.org/476f17c7%241%40news.povray.org)

I don't think a binary file would be of any use here; as I recall, the
main speed hit in the parser has nothing to do with parsing text vs
binary, but rather memory allocation.

My post was about allowing POVers to use binary objects from other
programs without running them through a converter.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com