POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Did you know... : Re: Did you know... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did you know...
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jan 2008 19:22:41
Message: <47801f51@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   If gravity does not change the velocity of an object (because it doesn't
> cause any acceleration on it)

Except that newton assumed that gravity caused acceleration, and GR
isn't too far different from newton at low speeds.

Are you sure this doesn't apply only to things traveling at light speed?

I suspect I just don't understand the details of GR well enough to
understand the conflicts that seem inherent in saying that gravity
doesn't cause acceleration, etc.  I'll stop now.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it