POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to Loop a Render?? : Re: How to Loop a Render?? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to Loop a Render??
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Jan 2008 08:54:24
Message: <477f8c10$1@news.povray.org>
link74 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to POV-Ray and I have a fairly simple question (I think).  How can I
> loop an entire rendering so once the rendering is finished, it just starts
> right back up again?  It would be nice if I could make a large for loop so it
> would render 'x' number of times.
>
> Thanks.

If you're using POV-Ray for Windows, make yourself an ini-File with
settings for how it is supposed to be rendered (look it up in the
Documentation, quite useful if you want to have "hard-copy" of your
render-setup for backup-purposes) and just add it several (or make that
"x" ;-) times into the queue.

I'm guessing that you want to use the output of the render as input for
the next, and also look at Leroy's answer, animation might be of use as
well, unless you're already rendering an animation with output used as
input...

Regards,
Tim

--