POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oblique projection : Re: Oblique projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblique projection
From: Rune
Date: 5 Jan 2008 06:41:09
Message: <477f6cd5$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" wrote:
> Here's my version (a little more exact).

Looks fine, but I'm curious how it is more exact exactly. I mean, sure,
instead of a CameraArea of 3.03 you effectively use one of

5/2*(tand(45)/sind(45))/(tand(30)/sind(30)) which evaluates to 3.0618621785

But that's just the "zoom" of the image (or the orthographic equivalent of
zoom) and has nothing to do with the skewing. Your variable name SkewAdjust
seem confusing that way, since it sounds like it adjusts the skewing, while
it just adjusts the size of the visible area. The projection itself is
exactly the same as the one I posted and which several others suggested all
along.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com