POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Water And Photons....[Source] : Re: Water And Photons....[Source] Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:38:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water And Photons....[Source]
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 5 Jan 2008 01:13:21
Message: <477f2001@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message
> Are you using any megapov-specific feature, or can I change the #version
> so it works on normal POV?

This was written for megapov 0.6, but I think since then all features it
used are now in pov.

>What are the HQ settings? I assumed you'd have a #declare High_Quality =
>off, or at *least* a comment saying what's low-q and what's high-q. I guess
>I assumed too much.

Hey now, give me a break there dude... :-\
After all, how foolish would it be to label something high quality when the
reverse is true?

I wrote this file years and years ago...so I am not even sure that enabling
radiosity or using the alternate photon settings will be HQ...
I *did* say that block could be deleterious instead of beneficial.

I am rendering this to find out...once I know, I'll place the appropriate
switches.

I posted the file unmodified except for changing the megapov version, so if
you want to, feel free to modify and repost it. ;-)

Ian