POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Error message : Re: Error message Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error message
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 4 Jan 2008 19:18:50
Message: <477eccea$1@news.povray.org>
> As it happens, I got this error while rebuilding a RAID-1 set. So...
> does this mean the data was recovered or not?

I would guess it means it succeded, but that one of the
platters has a physical scratch, it didn't know if data had
been lost, (but it wasn't, it was mirrored on the other HD),
and portions of the platter are now marked as scratched,
and won't be used. I'm not sure how long after getting
a scratch a HD will last... maybe a long time. It's worth an
error message to me.