POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holograms for camouflage! : Re: Holograms for camouflage! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holograms for camouflage!
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 4 Jan 2008 18:32:55
Message: <477ec227$1@news.povray.org>
>> surely the main problem is that vision comes after smell or hearing for
>> most
>> animals...
>
> ...just went I thought there couldn't possibly be any more flaws in such a
> small plan, somebody finds one. Yet, quite right sir! (Besides, I hear
> that deer are colour-blind and and lack stereoscopic vision anyway...)

I saw a demo of the Microvision projector on TV the other day...
http://www.microvision.com/
So I'd say it might be possible to set up an adaptive camo screen,
http://www.techbriefs.com/content/view/1771/32/
for it to be "holographic" it would need to track the target animal,
this could be done with an indicator that the hunter would use,
or possibly by using an IR camera to guess at the location of
aproaching animals. Something like face tracking for web
cams. Still, it might not work well in low light conditions...

TIC appears to be a construction company,
http://www.tic-inc.com/
I'm guessing that the post is legit, I'm not sure if Microvision
is geared up to produce end products, they're going after the
cell phone market, so they're licensing OEMs.