POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holograms for camouflage! : Reply Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:51 EDT (-0400)
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jan 2008 17:54:18
Message: <477eb91a$1@news.povray.org>
This is what I ended up replying:

Hello [name removed]

Thank you for your mail.

Your idea to use holograms for camouflage sounds very original and exciting!
Well, exceot for a few small details:

- I doubt that hunters would actually want to carry around and setup
technology like this, which would be humming, make bright flashes from the
camera, and require an electricity line for the projector.

- I don't see how wild game will be any more fooled by an image projected
onto a person than by regular camouflage clothes.

- Many animals use smell and hearing more than their eyes.

- Holograms cannot just be created from any regular photo.

- Holograms cannot just be projected onto any surface.

- The hologram on my website is not even real but a fake animation, which I
have made clear on this page: http://runevision.com/3d/anims/hologram.asp

But besides those minor details, the project sounds promising. I regret to
say that I cannot help you with it, but I wish you good luck!

Best regards,
Rune S. Johansen