POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Error message : Re: Error message Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error message
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2008 14:58:02
Message: <477e8fca$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> PERC 4/SC Controller 0, Array Disk 0:1

This disk had a problem.

> Sense Key = 3, Sense Code = 11, Sense Qualifier = 0.

This is what you need to look up in the standard specs, or the
documentation for the disk, to see precisely the problem.

 > If this disk is part of a non-redundant virtual
> disk, the data for this block cannot be recovered.

If this is your only copy, you're hosed.

> The disk will require replacement and data restore.

If so, go fix it.

> If this disk is part of a redundant
> virtual disk, the data in this block will be reallocated.

If I already have a second copy, I'll make a second copy somewhere else
on the failing disk. But you should probably get a second disk ready to
replace the failing one.

Aren't you system admin? Don't you know how to tell if you have a
redundant disk? :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it