POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holograms for camouflage! : Holograms for camouflage! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Holograms for camouflage!
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jan 2008 14:55:15
Message: <477e8f23$1@news.povray.org>
Email I got:

"Hello

I have an idea to use holograms to aid in camouflage while hunting. My idea
is that the hunter could carry a digital camera, photograph the terrain
right where he wants to sit and wait for his quarry, upload the photo into a
small holographic projector, and then project the image onto himself, or
onto a light mesh screen or some other see through fabric as camouflage.

Would you be interested in teaming up to develop and market this type of
product? I have contacts who do the marketing and some development but do
not have the expertise in the area of holograms, and also some contacts at
Cabela's.

Thank you for your time.

[name removed]
Construction Manager
TIC - The Industrial Company Wyoming, Inc."

I don't know what is most funny. That he thinks that holograms can just be
created from any regular photo and then projected onto any surface, that he
thinks people would actually carry and set up such a kit while hunting [not
that I have any experience with hunting, but it sounds clumsy], or that he
thinks it would be any useful. I mean, will the dear go like "Ooh, there's
some of the forest shaped like a person. How ever more convincing it is than
if he had worn regular camouflage clothes!"

What should I answer...? :D

Rune
--
http://runevision.com