POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2008 14:32:18
Message: <477e89c2$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> It involves Bruce Willis in a dystopian future and a team of scientists
> who keep sending him back in time to try to avert the terrorist
> catastrophy that overtook civilisation

I think in the USA, it was just called "twelve monkeys". And it makes a
lot of sense if you just watch it a couple times. (Unlike 2001, which is
missing a whole bunch of story bits.)

> Basically, a very bad film that barely makes sense.

It was a great film!   "Bruce Willis, please report for Volunteer Duty!"

> I think I'd class that one more as "rather hard to follow" rather than
> actually "incomprehensible".

12 monkeys was simply "hard to follow" too, as a time-travel movie.

> Ditto for 2001. (Seemingly a random selection of camera angles.)

It was a special-effects movie.The book makes more sense.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it