POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Company newsletters : Re: Company newsletters Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Company newsletters
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jan 2008 11:22:19
Message: <477e5d3b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I especially like how I get this same email every 7 days, and it's
>> written in 24-point Impact in bright orange at the top of the email.
>
> It's sent every weel to remind you of these key points. To my mind no
> important list should ever go beyond three points because by the time
> you get to number 5 everyone's forgotten the first one. If you have to
> keep either a piece of paper with the list or remind everyone about them
> once a week then they can't exactly be important and or relevant to what
> the workforce are actually doing.

Indeed...

> On that note does is say "shareholder's wealth" or "shareholders'
> wealth" as the former would indicate that there was only shareholder.

Yeah, but not a lot of people know that. I mean, heck, we're talking
about people who can't pronounce "aluminium" correctly. ;-)

>> Indeed. It's a game of poker. You try to make everybody *think* you've
>> got a royal flush in your hand, and hope they increase your share
>> price. If you're good at bluffing, they believe you. If you're not,
>> they don't. And, if you're unlucky, maybe you really *do* have a royal
>> flush, they don't believe you anyway, and your share price *still*
>> sucks...
>
> Except at some point you really do need to be holding a royal flush on
> occasion or no-one will believe anything you say.

One person? Perhaps. A large corporation? Well, you can say "new
management" and stuff. Unlike people, companies can change. (Although
it's still fairly rare.)

>> I meant that the general public "believe" that Micro$oft cannot
>> possibly fail. Obviously *all* companies *can*, in fact, fail. It's
>> just that not all people seem to comprehend this simple fact.
>
> People are highly sensible when it comes to stocks, just ignore the
> South Sea Bubble, Wall Street Crash, Dot-com Bubble, Black Wednesday,
> and the current Sub-Prime Scandal and you won't see a single instance of
> laissez-faire capitialism being misused by them.

Wow. That's advanced. I can't even tell if you're serious of not. LOL!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/