POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : photos : Re: photos Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: photos
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Jan 2008 09:51:44
Message: <477e4800$1@news.povray.org>
Mike the Elder wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>In a Windows environment,
>>
>>say I have a bunch of photographs stored on directories...
>>
>>suppose I want to store the photos and give them attributes such that
>>
>>I could retreive subsets of them using different filters on those
>>
>>attributes in a flexible, 'relational' way...
>>
>>is there currently any solution | method | common practice for doing
>>
>>this?
>>
>>assume I know nothing
>>
>>-Jim
>

> Is this something like what you're looking for?...
> http://www.albumburger.com/en/index.asp
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

Thanks but no, this is a pleasing little app. but too limited.
Specifically there is not a way to assign attributes other than the
categories the album provides, also only resolutions up to 1024 are
supported.  Probably I don't really know what I am looking for.  Better
would be some sort of ad hoc way to store attributes about an existing
directory and have that directory be retrievable as a hyper-link.  Not
sure if such a thing would be possible.