POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Company newsletters : Company newsletters Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Company newsletters
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jan 2008 09:07:35
Message: <477e3da7$1@news.povray.org>
"Six-point tactical initiative

[...]

#6 Continue to enhance shareholder's wealth, creating a secure
environment for the Company's most valued asset, our people."

Who WRITES this gibberish?!

Besides, last time I checked, there is no way to control a company's
share price. [Otherwise somebody somewhere would be very rich!] The
share price rises and falls essentially at random, vaguely influenced by
the percieved performance of the company, which is very loosely
correlated with the *actual* performance of the company. Sure,
theoretically you can improve the company's performance. But you cannot
do anything to the share price...

[E.g., if Micro$oft were suddenly facing financial ruin, their share
price would still be astronomically high, becuase it's "impossible" for
them to fail.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/