POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Most incomprehensible films ever : Re: Most incomprehensible films ever Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most incomprehensible films ever
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jan 2008 07:08:24
Message: <477e21b8$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> #3 Island of the Twelve Monkeys
>
>   What is that? IMDB doesn't know it.

It involves Bruce Willis in a dystopian future and a team of scientists
who keep sending him back in time to try to avert the terrorist
catastrophy that overtook civilisation - apparently perpetrated by a
band calling themselves "the island of the twelve monkeys". As it turns
out, this band is actually a bunch of kids out to cause a bit of
trouble, and the real catastrophy was brought about by an eminent
biological scientist who decided to murder the world. For no defined
reason. Obviously nobody believes that Willis is actually from the
future, and he slowly goes mad, eventually believing that his time spent
in the future is actually a hollucination.

Basically, a very bad film that barely makes sense.

>   For some reason when I watched Blade Runner, I found it incomprehensible.
> The book was a lot more comprehensible. (I don't remember which one I saw/read
> first...)

I think I'd class that one more as "rather hard to follow" rather than
actually "incomprehensible".

Dune made absolutely no semblence of sence. I mean, events happen, and
the events kind of vaguely make sense, but WHY are these events
happening? And who ARE these people? And WTF is going ON here? I'm lost!
Ditto for 2001. (Seemingly a random selection of camera angles.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/