POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: Warp
Date: 4 Jan 2008 06:44:14
Message: <477e1c0e@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> Trouble is the cost of providing said pamphlets is quite high prompting a
> lot of tabloids to complain about this waste of taxpayers money (ignoring
> the fact that a lot of these immigrants are themselves taxpayers too)

  I think that the tabloids are right if the immigrant have a total
negative effect on the economy and wrong if they have a total positive
effect on it. Has anyone dared to make the (unbiased) calculations there
on which is the case?

  Of course in modern Europe it would not be PC to make (and especially
publish) such calculations if they show that the net total is negative...

--
                                                          - Warp