POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oblique projection : Re: Oblique projection Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblique projection
From: Rune
Date: 4 Jan 2008 05:27:41
Message: <477e0a1d$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" wrote:
> Anyway, the above code
> works (as far as I can tell); I super-imposed it over a rotated version of
> the
> "top side oblique" rendering I completed earlier, and everything lines up
> perfectly.

Is it intentional that the side facing the camera is a slight rhombe and not
a perfect square? You'll see it if you render with a for example 640x480
resolution. If this is what you call the "jagginess due to roundoff errors"
then in my experience, these errors are far too large to just be rounding
errors.

The camera below will give an identical image, exact that you get a perfect
square (no "jagginess"):

#declare CameraDistance = 40;
camera {
   #local CameraArea = 3.03;
   #local CameraSkewed = 0.7;
   #local AspectRatio = image_width/image_height;
   orthographic
   location <-CameraSkewed,CameraSkewed,-1>*CameraDistance
   direction <CameraSkewed,-CameraSkewed,1>
   up y*CameraArea
   right x*CameraArea*AspectRatio
}

Rune