POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors : Re: Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: Text editors
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jan 2008 11:31:43
Message: <477d0def@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

>>> you're insane:  "3y}"
>> ...riiiiight. *I* am insane? ;-)
>
> Every software has its quirks.  Read that as "Yank 3 blocks", "}" used because
> of its widespread use in computer programming as a block terminator.  Now, I
> understand "CTRL+C" as copy, because of C, but why Paste uses "v"?!  quirks...

I can only imagine that it's Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and Ctrl+X because they're
all right next to each other on a standard keyboard. But yeah, that's
pretty random. (Not to mention Ctrl+Z... I guess Ctrl+U is pretty hard
to type.)

>> Doesn't much seem to resemble the little program I end up having to use
>> when I'm trying to fix a broken Linux install where /etc/fstab is messed
>> up or some such and I need to edit it.
>
> well, that's an unusual situation, don't you agree?  In there, everything is
> limited, and it's just you, the kernel, a basic shell and good ol' basic vi...

If I knew more about not breaking Linux in the first place I might
agree. :-}

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/