POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors : Re: Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: Text editors
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 3 Jan 2008 11:12:35
Message: <477d0973@news.povray.org>

> Vincent Le Chevalier <gal### [at] libertyALLsurfSPAMfr> wrote:

>> But all of these flaws are fixed in GUI versions of Vim
>
> modal text-editing using keyboard only is far from being a flaw:  I call it
> productive.

I wasn't talking about modal text-editing but of the flaws of Vim *as
perceived by Andrew*. He did not seem aware of GUI versions that solve
most of his gripes by default; I never said there were no way to do that
in text-mode.

>> As for syntax highlighting, maybe try to type :syntax on in a text-mode
>> Vim and see for yourself if it works... Though I still prefer it in the
>> GUIs.
>
> I don't think you understand:  typing :syntax enable or disable also works on
> the graphical versions, at least on gVim.

Have I said somewhere that it doesn't? I think you misunderstood my
post. What I meant to say was that syntax highlighting does work even
with the relatively limited number of colors available in text-mode, but
that I prefer the colors that can be defined in graphical versions.

--
Vincent