POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jan 2008 05:11:07
Message: <477cb4bb$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> It's fundamentaly the same, only that the corporate edition is less
> visible when cloging the system. It just don't anoy you with all those
> useless popups. It does the full scans and updates on scedule, behind
> the scene without telling you, but it adds some entries in a log file.

Indeed, it's so fundamentally the same that it doesn't even use the same
virus definition files. Oh, wait...

Also, I have yet to see it try to do a full scan. I could configure it
to do so, but this isn't even the default configuration, and I have no
intension of setting it to do this.

It seems to me the major difference between the home and corporate
versions is that in the corporate one, the administrator gets to
*decide* what the software should do. (And, as I've written, it doesn't
seem to be anywhere near as resource-hungry.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/