POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors : Re: Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: Text editors
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 3 Jan 2008 03:51:05
Message: <477ca1f9$1@news.povray.org>

> Vincent Le Chevalier <gal### [at] libertyALLsurfSPAMfr> wrote:
>> Cream
>> is just easier for me to use than gVim. It is not modal, for a start :-)
>
> which probably means you're using it just like notepad on steroids.

Exactly. And this is plenty enough for my needs...

> There's nothing faster nor easier for text editing than vi's modal nature.
> Nothing can beat "." for repeating the last command nor is copying a whole,
> possibly longish, block of text done with such ease as just typing "y}"

It's only faster or easier when you are used to it. Call me dumb but
when using vanilla Vim I find myself pressing Esc too much and
forgetting to press 'i' way too often :-)

Having some of the power of Vim with an interface more similar to other
common editors is valuable IMHO.

--
Vincent