POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Suggestions: Text editors : Re: Suggestions: Text editors Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions: Text editors
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 2 Jan 2008 14:40:43
Message: <477be8bb@news.povray.org>

> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> I thought Cream was just Vim with every single feature turned on and
>> then some.
>
> ...Vim has *features*??

So it would seem ;-)

Frankly I don't know enough about Vim to say more about features. Cream
is just easier for me to use than gVim. It is not modal, for a start :-)

Andrew, what prejudices have you got exactly against Vim?

For a short period, I also tried Crimson Editor and ConText, but gave
them up due to various issues of configuration:

http://www.context.cx/
http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

--
Vincent