POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physical puzzle : Re: Physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical puzzle
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jan 2008 11:23:32
Message: <477bba84$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Not me, but the math has been done, of course.

I was wondering about that.

>   From the reference point of one of the trains the double track is
> contracted, but the other train is contracted even more. From this
> reference point the other train is so short that it travels the double
> track in the same time as this train.

But the conductor of the eastbound train will see the westbound train
get onto the tracks later than he does, and vice versa. I'll believe the
math was done, but I wouldn't necessarily believe this is a solution
without anyone competent having done the math. :-)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     It's not feature creep if you put it