POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physical puzzle : Re: Physical puzzle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physical puzzle
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2008 09:32:05
Message: <477ba065@news.povray.org>
Xavier Manget <NOS### [at] freefr> wrote:
> I figured it out on my own :-) ... I've learned a little about special
> relativity at school (20 years ago) but I really don't feel comfortable with
> it, I find it so counter-intuitive...

  There's too much physical evidence to support relativity that it's just
impossible to deny that it gets at least pretty damn close to how the
universe really works.

  Given the right circumstances I'm convinced that this thought experiment
could indeed work in reality. (Of course it couldn't be done with actual
trains, but something similar could work.)

--
                                                          - Warp