POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 1 Jan 2008 17:24:19
Message: <477abd93@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> The 4 to 7 years old files where detected as virus less than 3 months old :-(
>
>   Well, some executable virii infect files without modifying any of their
> dates, so in theory it's possible they are infected.
>   (Nowadays it's rarer, though, because most virii are of the independent-exe
> style and don't even bother infecting individual files.)

I'm told in the old days, virii tried to actually, like, *hide*
themselves and stuff.

It seems these days their job is just to infect as many PC as possible
by emailing themselves to everybody within 50 feet with a blank email
containing CLICK_THIS.SUE_NAKED.GIF.GIF.EXE and then act as spam relay
bots...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/