POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jan 2008 10:35:19
Message: <477a5db7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/31 22:57:

> Virus protection: An attempt to solve the halting problem.
>
> On-access scanning: An attempt to make virus protection seem like less
> of a performance hog by only running it when you're trying to do
> something else.
>
> (Not mine, but I don't know whose it is. :-)

...and only managing in making it a bigger performance hog.

I was plagued by an increasing system instability, slowdowns and disapearing
files. The 4 to 7 years old files where detected as virus less than 3 months old :-(
Uninstalled the AV and my performances jumped up and the crashings and freezings
went away.
Now to find another one that DON'T stay in memory and only scan when I ask it to.

--
Alain
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and