POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Did you know... : Re: Did you know... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did you know...
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jan 2008 05:46:39
Message: <477a1a0f@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   If you were at the center of the galaxy you wouldn't be looking at the
> > sky. I think you would be infinitely small.

> I'm not sure anyone is sure what happens in the middle of a black hole.
> If "you" were in a position to see, you could certainly see the sky. The
> sky couldn't see you, mind.

  It's true that nobody dares to even guess what is happening inside the
event horizon of a black hole. However, if GR is right, everything inside
the event horizon inevitably goes to the singularity and there just isn't
escaping it. You just can't keep away from it no matter what you try.

> Surely you're not asking seriously? A sphere is a 2D finite surface with
> no border.

  The sphere is its own border.

--
                                                          - Warp