POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soup's getting cold... : Re: Soup's getting cold... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soup's getting cold...
From: Leroy
Date: 5 Jan 2008 00:13:51
Message: <477F118B.8020409@joplin.com>

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.477d08b28eb4db57e2b2e7080%40news.povray.org%3E/

> .... has resulted in no suggestions for topics, I shall infer that there is no
> immediate interest amongst the folks here for such an event.  Should anyone get
> the urge to participate in such, just post your idea here.  An idea for possible
> future consideration:
>
> A POV-Ray meet for "Per Verse" (note the space)images:
> By this, I mean images that are inspired by poetry or verse.
> The idea would be to go to "The Gutenberg Project" and get hold of a poem (or
> section of a longer poem) that is in the public domain and post it along with
> the image that it inspired. Or.. If you're a poet and happen to know it
> (sorry),  you could illustrate your ow work.
>

> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

I like your idea of a quick contest.
I don't know about the other POVers, but I've got several POV projects
going already.
And I'm lazy.

But I have an idea how about SOUP for the first subject to celebrate the
new contest.