POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render from external application : Re: render from external application Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render from external application
From: Chris Cason
Date: 31 Dec 2007 12:10:01
Message: <47792269$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
> With the Windows version you can call a POV render from the DOS
> command line with
>
> pvengine /EXIT +I"filepath\scene.pov" +W640 +H480
>
> to render a certain scene and then exit, it does open the editor
> and splash every time though. There are modified versions of POV
> around if you need to do it without bringing up any windows.

POVWIN is quite capable of accepting a render request without firing up a new
instance or displaying a splash screen, and you don't need a GUIEXT to do it.

To demonstrate, start an instance of POVWIN, and make sure that 'keep single
instance' is set on. Then, issue a render command like so:

  pvengine /render somefile.pov

The render will start in the existing instance of POVWIN.

-- Chris