POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render from external application : Re: render from external application Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render from external application
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 30 Dec 2007 17:53:06
Message: <47782152$1@news.povray.org>
> i am trying to launch Pov using a Python script in order to generate
> automatically thousands of images (changing some float values).
> However i can open the .pov file, but i do not know how to give the
> command for
> rendering the image. Is it possible to set a default render after opening
> the
> file?

With the Windows version you can call a POV render from the DOS
command line with

pvengine /EXIT +I"filepath\scene.pov" +W640 +H480

to render a certain scene and then exit, it does open the editor
and splash every time though. There are modified versions of POV
around if you need to do it without bringing up any windows.