POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: andrel
Date: 30 Dec 2007 17:35:11
Message: <47781D28.6010405@hotmail.com>
John VanSickle wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> In general if you insult the ruling class that is in general not
>> considered slander. Nor if you insult the group you belong to. You
>> might not like that, but that does not make it wrong. ;)
>
> The men of Sweden do not constitute a ruling class,
Why not?
> and the lady in
> question most certainly did not insult the class to which she belonged.
>
> And I daresay that if you insult the ruling class in other countries, it
> most certainly is punished as slander.
I don't think that if I would write an article where I would point out
how inferior the white male is I would be prosecuted or even frowned
upon no matter how good the arguments. Yet if I did the same for black
persons or for women, many people would object and if I managed to give
the impression that I was serious I might well face prosecution.
I have seen some examples of racism by black people (or whatever the
current PC term is) at Oprah that scared the hell out of me (as a white
European male who is not accustomed to open racism), yet were treated
mildly in the program. I think that a member of the KKK would have
received a slightly different reception.

> The Swedish government has decided that only some forms of racism,
> sexism, and other forms of tribalism will be punished.  Everyone else
> gets carte blanche.

Not everyone and not in all circumstances. A black women in the
Netherlands would get away with insulting whites, black men, protestants
etc. but not african muslims.