POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tis the season : Re: Tis the season Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tis the season
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Dec 2007 14:40:58
Message: <4777f44a$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:04:57 -0500, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>
>> Last toaster started emitting smoke. That was after the racks stopped
>> working, and the dial stopped adjusting how dark the toast got. It
>> really was time for a new one.
>
> Oh! So that's what it means. I must get a new one then :)

Well, between smoke, dials not working, and the strange rattling sound
it started making. Eventually even I can recognize when a machine has
just given up.

> BTW No one mentions a 4 day stay in hospital without wanting to talk about it.

Yeah they do, when it's people who have spent enough time in and out of
hospitals that it really is just another way to spend a weekend. I
forget that humor doesn't translate all that well to the internet at large.

For comparison, my extended family's response was, "Well, I hope they
fed you better than last time."

> You can tell me I'm a first aider and a sympathetic listener. All in the
> strictest confidence, you understand. :)
>
> I hope that it wasn't too serious. No one likes a visit there especially not at
> Christmas time.
>
> Regards
> 	Stephen

Hmm, strictest confidence on public usenet that gets picked up by
google? Our definitions differ some where. Even medical latin would
indexable, and really out of place in this group.

Oh, I could describe my stay in pov code, that would work!