POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tis the season : Re: Tis the season Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tis the season
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 29 Dec 2007 17:23:42
Message: <4776c8ee$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I hope that it wasn't too serious. No one likes a visit there especially not at
> Christmas time.

Indeed. I visited hospital once, and it was miserable. And I was only in
there for about 20 minutes. Went to visit my mum. Not sure why we
bothered though... she was so totally out of it.

They gave her a box with a button on it. When you press the button, it
injects morphine into the drip. She had her thumb pressed down on that
button continuously, with a vice-like grip. [Obviously, the machine cuts
out once the maximum dose is reached. I doubt my mum would have
understood such a concept at that moment...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/