POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I'm back : Re: I'm back Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm back
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 28 Dec 2007 17:02:29
Message: <47757275$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Symantec is notorious for been overly invasive and very resources
> hungry, benchmarks showing up to 80%, and more, performance hit! Some
> peoples place ther products among the worst offenders for bad overall
> system performances. It constantly monitorize every applications
> behaviour, every read and writes to the disk in an attepmt to catch some
> nefarious act.
> Some peoples go as far as to say that you are beter taking your chances
> without ANY AV, than to use Symantec products...

Note that I am *not* using the consumer-level Symantec AV product. I'm
using the corportate-only, volume licensed version. And frankly, you
hardly notice it's there. There seems to be very little performance
impact - until it's update time.

Symantec is the product we're migrating off. My PC at work has something
called Trend Micro. (Ever heard of that one? I hadn't.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/