POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Did you know... : Re: Did you know... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did you know...
From: Alain
Date: 28 Dec 2007 16:31:31
Message: <47756b33@news.povray.org>
Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/12/28 15:14:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> Just looking at the night sky, you can hardly say
>> if you are at the center of the galaxy or not.
>
>   If you were at the center of the galaxy you wouldn't be looking at the
> sky. I think you would be infinitely small.
>
>> The Universe is like a large sphere whose center is everywhere and the
>> circumference nowhere. (sory, I don't remember the source)
>
>   If the universe is finite, it must have a border, no?

Finite? Maybe.
Must have a border? Maybe not. Or it may just be that there is no way to
perceive it, even if you are almost "touching" it...
You can have an unbounded thing that is finite. A 4 dimention sphere can be
finite, but it don't have any edge in 3D. And the universe probably contains
more than 7 dimentions...

--
Alain
   My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.